Hornbeam is a specialist full-service marketing and communications agency deeply connected to farming, food and drink, and the countryside. We have a depth of understanding of the ‘farm to fork’ and ‘farm to glass’ supply chains, and we work with leading brand names in the world of agricultural machinery, animal health and seed, as well as food and drink clients.
We form part of the Ferrier Pearce Creative Group - a group of independent agencies, specialising in creative marketing and communications solutions based on industry insights, strategic thinking and a passion for what we do. The Hornbeam team is based in Croydon, South Cambridgeshire, with the Group head office in central London.
We are expanding our team and are looking for a new account manager to drive business growth and support existing clients. This is a client facing position and you will have gained experience in a marcomms role that may include PR, marketing or event management either in an agency or an in-house environment.
Key skills will include an ability to write accurately and compellingly; an understanding of digital marketing channels, particularly social media; effective project management and a willingness to be an active member of a small team. An understanding or appreciation of agriculture (livestock or cropping) would be an advantage.
You will work closely with Hornbeam colleagues to plan and deliver client work, across various communications disciplines, including PR, copywriting, event marketing, social media, e-mail marketing, and project management. Day to day activities will vary according to your clients and projects but will include:
- Client relationship contact for selected client accounts and preparation of all client facing documents and presentations
- Defining and developing projects and campaigns, working with other team members where required to ensure effective scoping, planning and budget forecasting
- Involvement in up-front creative and strategic thinking, contributing to opportunities for clients, Hornbeam and the wider group
- Day to day management and delivery of projects and campaigns - delivering against project plan and budget, avoiding scope creep and managing client expectations
- Creation and delivery of content for client campaigns (PR, copy, social media etc. as required)
- Reporting results to clients, team members and the Managing Director
- Enhancing brand strategy and act as an advisor to ensure clients understand the breadth of our services
- Monthly revenue from portfolio of clients and that of your team, including growing client revenue
- Keep up to date with popular trends and changes within the client market
- Adherence to all business processes and procedures
Experience and skills
- Proven professional experience in PR or marketing, specifically planning, creation and delivery of campaigns
- Understanding of strategic and tactical sales and marketing campaigns with demonstrable success
- Understanding or experience of the food/drink chain, particularly production agriculture (livestock or cropping)
- Excellent commercial awareness with a proven track record of managing clients and growing revenue
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for best design and communication practices and a desire to develop new, bold ideas
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise and manage time across multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment - experience working in an agency or similar environment would be desirable
- Ability to understand clients’ needs to form effective communication strategies across all marketing channels
- Experience within an omni-channel environment would be preferred, with evidence of delivering digital marketing campaigns
- Collaborative in approach and leads by example
- Comfortable communicating with and presenting to colleagues and clients at all levels
What we offer
- The opportunity to develop your career in a fun, collaborative and progressive company. Hornbeam is young and fast growing so it’s an exciting time to join and shape its future.
- A great location in South Cambridgeshire (close to Cambridge) and a Group head office in Hatton Garden, which you will visit regularly.
- You’ll also get to work closely with talented individuals from a wide range of disciplines such as creative design, branding, digital and social across the wider Ferrier Pearce Creative Group.
- We offer a generous benefits package, including pension, medical insurance and bonus scheme. More information available on application.