Technical Project Manager
Kolab is an award-winning digital agency with ambitious growth targets. We work with clients across the financial, property, food and drink, arts and heritage, and destination marketing sectors, delivering exceptional UX, responsive design and development and social strategy and implementation with a focus on open source technologies such as including Drupal, Wordpress and React JS.
We form part of the Ferrier Pearce Creative Group - a group of independent agencies, specialising in creative marketing and communications solutions based on industry insights, strategic thinking and a passion for what we do. We are based in central London with a development team in Opole, Poland.
We are looking to expand our London team and bring in someone who can provide technical leadership across the group and play a key role in developing our technology strategy. This is a client facing role and a key responsibility will be scoping appropriate technology solutions for new and existing clients.
You will be passionate about digital technology and have a strong technical background alongside a good understanding of the industry landscape.
You will work closely with our development team to identify solutions and ensure quality as well as managing project delivery. Day to day activities will vary according to your clients and projects but will include:
- Setting the short and long term technical strategy for Kolab and the wider FPCG group - languages and frameworks used, CMS selection etc
- Overseeing development work across projects to ensure quality and adherence to best practice
- Defining and developing project statements of work with the client services team to ensure effective scoping, planning and forecasting
- Managing small, medium and large projects - delivering against project plan and budget, avoiding scope creep and managing client expectations
- Day to day management of project teams - UX and UI designers, front and backend developers and testers based in London and Opole
- Managing other development partners including commercial arrangements and overseeing delivery
- Responsibility for adherence to agreed contracts and SLAs
- Technical scoping for existing and prospective clients, including architecture, CMS recommendation, integration and data requirements and costs
- Supporting new business pitches by contributing to or writing proposals and presenting as part of the pitch team
- Developing our hosting and support strategy
- Promoting digital understanding and enthusiasm across the group and coaching developers and the wider team
- Identifying new opportunities to improve our tools, processes and methodologies
Experience and skills
- Proven professional experience in digital technology - background as a developer, analyst or hands on project manager or similar
- Understanding of the full digital project lifecycle including UX and Design process
- Experience and knowledge of formal project management methodologies such as PRINCE2 and Agile/Scrum
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to explain the technical to the non-technical
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise and manage time across multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment - experience working in an agency or similar environment would be desirable
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to understand clients’ needs to form effective digital solutions as part of a broader customer experience
- Collaborative in approach and leads by example
- Comfortable communicating with and presenting to clients at all levels
What we offer
- A collaborative culture, the opportunity to have fun, and develop in a progressive company.
- The ability to shape our technical strategy and help grow our digital capabilities.
- A great location based in our London office in Hatton Garden.
- On top of that you get to work with talented individuals from a wide range of disciplines such as UX, Creative, Branding and Social across the wider Ferrier Pearce Creative Group. You'll be mentally stretched and will be happy working in a fast paced environment.
- We offer a generous benefits package, including pension, medical insurance, bonus scheme and flexible working. More information available on application.